Thursday, April 19, 2012

I do I do I do, do like Scrappy Doo, and do you do you do, do you like him too?

"I love my Unca' Scooby!"


It's a well-known fact that Scrappy Doo has been given a bad rap:he's been accused(unfairly) of being annoying, accused(also unfairly) of ruining the show, dissed in newer versions of the show, made into a villain in the live action movie, and even had a highly negative TV Trope named after him. So, it's very refreshing, after all this, to see that some people do still like him(myself included).

In fact, there are a few Scrappy Doo fansites. Here are a couple I found, the latter of which was made by one of the show's writers:




Here also is a fan fiction I found portraying Scrappy in a positive (even sympathetic) light:


(I even wrote a review for it. *Guilty!*)


There's also this site, which has, among other things, a few (very cute!) Scrappy Doo items for sale. (Some are, regrettably, a little pricey, but well worth it for any Scrappy fan):



On that note, I've seen many more nifty Scrappy Doo items on ebay, some of the niftiest of which being the "I heart Scrappy" charms for charm bracelets(which I highly recommend.)  :)

UPDATE 6/12/12:I recently acquired this Scooby-Doo trading card which name-drops Scrappy(and in a positive way!)

UPDATE 7/5/12:I also recently found yet another Scrappy fansite which contans such nifty things as character bios, poems written by Scrappy fans, and an "interview" with Scrappy.



There's even(drumroll please...) a Scrappy Doo Fanclub on this famous fansite!(Happy Dance time!)



 
 
"Ta-da-da-da-da-da! Puppy Power!" 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment