Friday, June 29, 2012

Joke of the Week #12

A mangy-looking guy goes into a coffee shop and asks for a cup of coffee. The barista says, "No way, I don't think you'll be able to pay for it."

The guy says, "You're right, I don't have any money. But, if I show you something you've never seen before, will you give me a free cup of coffee?"

"Only if what you show me isn't disgusting."

So, the guy reaches into his left coat pocket and takes out a small white mouse and a small plastic piano. The mouse scurries over to the piano and starts playing a tune; he's really, really good! The barista is duly impressed, and hands the guy a cup of coffee.

After the guy's drunk his coffee he says, "Say, would you be willing to give me another free cup?"

"Money or another miracle, otherwise no coffee."

So, the guy reaches into his right coat pocket and takes out a small frog. The frog sings as the mouse is playing; he has a beautiful, rich baritone voice. The barista is once again impressed, and hands the guy another cup.

A guy sitting at a table just across the way walks up to the guy and says, "Excuse me sir, but I'm a world-famous talent agent, and I'd like to buy your singing frog. Is $300 acceptable?"

"You've got yourself a deal!" the guy says; the agent promptly takes the frog and leaves.

"Say, are you crazy?" the barista says. "That singing frog must be worth millions, and you just gave him away for $300!"

"Don't worry, I know what I'm doing." the guy says. "The mouse is also a ventriloquist."





No comments:

Post a Comment