Wednesday, April 11, 2012

They're Lovable! They're Huggable!



I'm a (BIG!) Pound Puppies fan. Over time, I've collected several Pound Puppies items, from the vintage plushie dogs and cats, to the more recent plushies, to the vintage books/coloring books.

Here's some of my stuff:
 My Newborn Pound Puppies; the one on the upper right is one of the more recent ones(made in '95)
  My Pound Purries
 My coloring book collection
A little plastic dog & cat(which, as per the picture, make good board game pieces), and a slightly unusual plastic dog with wheels(He has what looks like a place to hold a pencil on his back...) 

And last, but not least, my (GINORMOUS!) mini Pound Puppy collection :)
(The little brown dog at the very bottom, separate from the others, is a Pound Puppy knockoff; I believe he's called a Kennel Kuddlee.)

The franchise has had a long and very interesting history. It began in 1984 in England & shortly thereafter migrated to America; the production has changed hands many times, and there have been many different varieties of Pound Puppies made since.

More info can be found here:


I'm a fan of the various Hanna Barbera cartoons, especially the Pound Puppies, and hope to write more about the show, the books, the movie, and other related things later.

No comments:

Post a Comment