Saturday, June 1, 2013

Joke of the Week #58

For his birthday Joe received a parrot who had a nasty disposition and an even worse vocabulary. Joe tried everything he could to change the parrot's demeanor; he played soft music, always spoke softly and politely, and always said plenty of nice things to the parrot, but regrettably, nothing ever worked.

Joe got angry. He shook the bird. The bird got worse. He yelled at the bird. The bird got louder and even more rude. Finally, Joe had had enough, so he put the bird in the freezer. The parrot begins squawking loudly; eventually, his voice drops, and then he goes completely silent. Afraid that he might have hurt the bird, Joe throws the freezer door open, upon which the parrot flutters out onto his arm.

"I'm very sorry to have offended you with my language and behavior," the parrot says. "I promise that from now on, I'll behave myself."

Joe was pleasantly surprised at the bird's change in behavior; the parrot then says, "Oh by the way, if I may ask, what did the turkey do?"


No comments:

Post a Comment